Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Poke Cakes

Who knew?  There is a whole sub culture out there and they are making poke cakes.  I first ran on to The Country Cook who is obsessed with these cakes and I am using her recipes and pictures to get us started on this line of delight. I give her full credit and as I start to bake these easy delicious cakes, I will take pictures too. Boston cream pie (cake) easy!  Banana pudding cake, easy.  Red velvet poke cake, divine. Let's get started!


A series of POKE CAKES from the country cook
By the way, when did all of these varieties of instant pudding evolve? Instant Oreo pudding? Cheesecake flavored pudding???

Pinned Image

Ingredients

Directions

Bake the cake as directed in a 9x13" pan. Let cake cool completely. Poke holes in cooled cake. Mix 1 package orange gelatin dessert with 1 c. boiling water and 1 c. cold water. Pour over cake. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Mix pudding mix with cold milk the other package of orange gelatin dessert and vanilla. Beat by hand with a whisk until thickened. Fold in the whipped topping. Frost the cake with the pudding mixture.
I don't know Ginger Evans products, but I do know Jello products, so that is what I'll use.



Ingredients:
1 box Red Velvet cake mix
ingredients needed to make cake (eggs, oil & water)
2 (3.4 oz.) boxes instant Cheesecake-flavored pudding
4 cups milk
1 (8 oz.) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
10 Oreo cookies, crushed (optional)









Ingredients:
1 (10 oz.) box yellow cake mix
ingredients needed to make cake (eggs, oil & water)
2 (3.4 oz.) packages instant banana pudding
4 cups milk
1 (8 oz.) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
20 vanilla wafers, crushed

I have made this and it is delicious!








Ingredients:
1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
Ingredients needed to make cake (usually eggs, oil and water)
2 (4 oz.)packages of Instant Oreo pudding
4 cups milk (2% or higher)
Crushed Oreo Cookies (optional)


Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
ingredients needed to make cake; eggs, oil and water
2 (3.4oz) boxes instant Vanilla or French Vanilla pudding
4 cups milk
1 tub Chocolate Frosting








Ingredients:
1 box white cake mix
(ingredients needed to make cake; egg whites, oil & water)
1 (3.3 oz.) box instant white chocolate pudding
2 cups cold milk (2 % or higher recommended)
1 (8 oz.) tub whipped topping, thawed
1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
 

I have made this and it is wonderful especially the second and third days when things have married so beautifully.  Beat the coconut cream and the pudding together and be sure to use the milk or half and half instead of water.
Ingredients:
1 (18 oz.) box white cake mix

ingredients needed to make cake (egg whites, oil & water) I used milk instead of water.

1 (15 oz.) can Cream of Coconut (I used only 1/2 a can plus 1 cup of cold milk)

1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

1 (8 oz) package sweetened flaked coconut

I am making this cake right now.  I'll let you know how it goes, but, what could go wrong? Note: It was delicious. Because the cream of coconut looked strange, I only used 1/2 a can and then used 1 cup of milk. Also in the actual cake mix, I used milk in place of water. Cream of coconut is odd and must be stirred vigorously and then it is still strange. It works well in this recipe. I have decided to ALWAYS use Bakers coconut.  It is simply the best, moist and sweet and just like I remember eating it from the bag when I was a child.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To the doctor

We are off to the doctor to have Andy checked out since he has had two falls.  We thought to wait until his appointment on the 20th, but aft...